Community Empowerment. Philanthropy. Activism.
The mission of the Israeli-American Council (IAC) is to build an active and giving Israeli-American Community throughout the United States in order to strengthen the State of Israel, our next generation, and to provide a bridge to the Jewish- American community.
Over half a million Israeli-Americans live in the United States today. As a vital component of American society, they play a major role in social activism, academia, culture and innovation. The Israeli-American Council (IAC) is the largest Israeli-American organization in the Unites States, serving this vibrant sector of American society. IAC’s effectiveness and success is the direct result of its ability to organize, activate, and engage the Israeli-American community nationwide. The IAC strives to achieve these goals through programs and events for all ages, as well as by empowering and sponsoring a wide array of non-profit organizations within the Israeli-American community.
- Encourage a culture of giving, activism, and connection to Israel through personal examples of community involvement.
- Connect the next generation to the community, their Jewish identity, the Hebrew language, and the State of Israel.
- Foster active support of initiatives that further Israel’s welfare, security, education and its relations with the United States.
- Translate the Israeli-American community’s needs, desires, and values into action and a strong and influential voice.
- Serve as a professional and financial resource for initiatives that support the development of an active and unified Israeli-American community with strong connections to the State of Israel, now and in the future.
- Strengthen the relationships between the Israeli-American community and the Israeli community in Israel.
- Build bridges between the Israeli-American and Jewish American communities in the United States.
HOW WE DO IT
IAC dedicates and focuses its resources towards transforming Israeli-Americans into an empowered and organized community by:
- Bringing individuals together around the causes – predominantly Israel-related – about which Israeli-Americans are most passionate.
- Connecting individuals with their own community through cultural initiatives and programs for the younger generation
- Encouraging a culture of giving and involvement through community engagement and philanthropy.
- Inspiring activism through participation and sponsorship of public events related to Israel-American relations.
- Building a communal structure and spirit through professional and financial support for nonprofit organizations and initiatives.
- Creating new community-based organizations and programs that will ensure a continuous and long term community involvement through the support of educational, cultural, and leadership initiatives.
- Bridging the Israeli-American and Jewish-American communities through the creation of partnerships that support inter-community activities and initiatives.
- Mobilizing the community to respond to strategic causes that support US-Israel related initiatives and Zionist education for the second and third generation of Israeli-Americans.
Based in Los Angeles, the IAC was established in 2007 to serve the estimated 250,000 Israeli-Americans who reside throughout Greater LA. Since its inception, the IAC has grown tremendously and currently engages 50,000 direct participants across all age groups. In addition, the IAC supports over 20 organizations working with the Israeli-American community. In 2013, the IAC went national, building community and supporting Israeli-American organizations throughout the United States. The IAC continues to pursue its vision of strengthening the Israel-American community, the State of Israel, and securing a strong Jewish future.